Politics in the Pub
In Other News
Have Universities Become Commercialise Factories?
Is There an Alternative? (Yes There is)
See this link to the latest Australian Universities Review
The Deep State Hiding in Plain Sight
Forbidden Knowledge TV - Alexandra Bruce (June 11, 2016)
How elected and unelected figures collude to protect and serve powerful vested interests.
Money and Influence: The Shadowy World of Political Donations
Four Corners - Quentin McDermott, Peter Cronau, Shaun Hoyt (May 23, 2016)
We have a system where giving money can influence outcomes and that's a soft form of corruption
Key Humanitarian, Political Issues: A Lover's Country
Stuart Rees - New Matilda (May 19, 2016)
Based on real-life events, Professor Stuart Rees outlines the plot of his latest novel.
Ngara Institute's Mission Statement
The Ngara Institute is a not-for-profit activist think tank which puts people, communities and the planet before increasingly predatory capitalism. We offer an intellectual and engaging space to critically reflect on how we can achieve a more just, peaceful and sustainable world based on the common good rather than private interest.
The Purpose of the institute is to:
- provide a counter-narrative to the views and opinions of Australian neoliberal think tanks
- foster critical thinking about local, national and international issues such as peace, globalisation, diminishing democracy, climate change, financial greed and growing inequality
- work alongside other peace and justice organisations for a more equitable, non-violent and compassionate future based on social justice and human rights and pursuit of the common good
- assert and support values and practices that enhance the life of all species and ecosystems
- learn and apply indigenous world views to all areas of life
- articulate and encourage post-carbon-growth scenarios
- revitalise local-democratic civic cultures, neighbourliness and cooperative systems of production
- inspire and promote viable and workable solutions to the complex challenges we all face.