Ngara Institute's Mission Statement
The Ngara Institute is a not-for-profit activist think tank which puts people, communities and the planet before increasingly predatory capitalism. We offer an intellectual and engaging space to critically reflect on how we can achieve a more just, peaceful and sustainable world based on the common good rather than private interest.
The Purpose of the institute is to:
- Provide a counter-narrative to the views and opinions of Australian neoliberal think tanks
- Foster critical thinking about local, national and international issues such as peace, globalisation, diminishing democracy, climate change, financial greed and growing inequality
- Work alongside other peace and justice organisations for a more equitable, non-violent and compassionate future based on social justice and human rights and pursuit of the common good
- Assert and support values and practices that enhance the life of all species and ecosystems
- Learn and apply indigenous world views to all areas of life
- Articulate and encourage post-carbon-growth scenarios
- Revitalise local-democratic civic cultures, neighbourliness and cooperative systems of production
- Inspire and promote viable and workable solutions to the complex challenges we all face.